Requirements for Studying Undergraduate Degree in the UK

Undergraduate study

International qualifications we accept for entry onto an undergraduate course at the University of Derby

You will need to have qualifications and experience that are at the same level as for a UK student applying for the same course.

You will find the entry requirements on the webpage for your course.

If you're not sure about your qualifications, contact us and we will be happy to help you.

Which qualifications we accept for undergraduate study.

Applying for undergraduate courses - BA (Hons), BSc (Hons), foundation degrees

If you want to start in September, you usually need to apply online through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

If you want to start a course in January then fill in our online application.

When filling in your UCAS application, make sure you use our code and your chosen course code. The code for the University of Derby is D39, and you will find your course code on the web page for your course.

If you're studying at our Derby Campus, leave the campus code blank, but if you're studying at our Buxton Campus insert 'U'.

If you miss the deadline for UCAS, you can still apply using our online application system.

English Language skills

If English isn't your first language you will need an English language qualification.

Visas and immigration

A summary of the immigration rules for entry into the UK.