FdA Professional Culinary Arts
Why choose this course?
With its exciting focus on real-world learning in the workplace, our two-year FdA Culinary Arts is the ideal choice for aspiring professional chefs and restaurant managers who want a fast track route to success.
- Gain practical hands-on skills combined with all the theoretical knowledge you need on this dynamic course
- Prepare for a career in celebrated kitchens, restaurants and hotels: our graduates have gone on to work with top names like Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Claridge’s and Gleneagles
- Train in our industry-standard kitchens and fine dining restaurant at Buxton’s spectacular Devonshire Dome
- Be part of a professional hospitality operation from day one, working on everything from intimate dinner parties to weddings and banquets
- Enjoy work placements as an integral part of your course: it could be with a Michelin-starred restaurant or leading international hotel
- Build a broad-based knowledge of your subject, from international cuisine to advanced bakery and pastry techniques, from food science to nutrition and wellbeing
- Make your name in the industry by showcasing your culinary talents in high-profile competitions
- Be inspired by our award-winning teaching team and benefit from the guidance of a personal tutor throughout
- Convert your foundation degree to a full honours degree with one more year of study
- Become a member of hosco, the world’s leading hospitality careers network for students and graduates