FdA International Hospitality Management
Why choose this course?
In conjunction with Alton Towers, we are offering a selection of students an exciting opportunity to study a two-year Foundation Degree in International Hospitality Management at our Buxton campus, with a 20 week paid placement at Alton Towers Resort. The combination of work and study will help you to develop practical skills and get a real world view of the hospitality industry in one of the UK’s leading tourist attractions.
You will have the chance to learn in four very different hotel operations at the Alton Towers Resort.
- In your first year you will be employed in a service role in food and beverage, conference and banqueting and hotel operations. You will study modules in marketing and communications, hospitality operations, purchasing, costing and control and the hospitality sector.
- In your second year you will be employed as a team leader and specialise in one of the service operations. You will complete your studies with modules in business development, hospitality supervision, conference and banqueting, hospitality facilities design and exploring the guest experience.
When you have successfully completed the programme you will have the opportunity to progress to the final year of the BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management degree or alternatively apply for career vacancies at Alton Towers and the Merlin Entertainment Group.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please email Ewen Crilley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work-based learning lies at the heart of our foundation degree in International Hospitality Management. It is your stepping stone to a rewarding career in one of largest and fastest growing sectors in the global economy.
All students on this course will:
- Combine academic studies with real-world learning in work environments on this dynamic two-year degree
- Prepare for a career in a vibrant sector where many professionals reach their first managerial role before the age of 30
- Build a strong platform for further studies: you can ‘top up’ this qualification to an honours degree with just one more year of study
- Gain valuable professional experience through work placements which make up a significant proportion of the course
- Study in the spa town of Buxton on the edge of the Peak District National Park with its many hotels, restaurants and visitor attractions
- Work on real-world projects at our Devonshire Dome, a popular events venue featuring a fine dining restaurant, bistro and industry standard training kitchens
- Help deliver ‘live’ projects from parties to graduation ceremonies, conferences to festivals
- Network with some of the leading names in hospitality: we have links with the likes of Claridge’s, Marriott and Gleneagles
- Learn from a teaching team with extensive industry experience and benefit from the support of a personal tutor throughout
- Broaden your outlook on fascinating fieldtrips to hospitality venues: two UK-based residentials are included in your course fees
- Achieve a qualification which looks great on your CV: our course has professional accreditation from the Institute of Hospitality (IoH)
- Become a member of hosco, the world’s leading hospitality careers network for students and graduates