- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
FdA International Hospitality Management
Why choose this course?
Apply for a January start and gain a place on our exclusive Alton Towers Summer work placement!
We are offering a selection of FdA International Hospitality Management students who start in January the opportunity to not only gain a fantastic qualification but also work alongside one of the region's most well-known businesses on placements throughout the course. This is your chance to begin your Hospitality journey and become an industry professional.
Work-based learning lies at the heart of our foundation degree in International Hospitality Management. It is your stepping stone to a rewarding career in one of largest and fastest growing sectors in the global economy.
- Combine academic studies with real-world learning in work environments on this dynamic two-year degree
- Prepare for a career in a vibrant sector where many professionals reach their first managerial role before the age of 30
- Build a strong platform for further studies: you can ‘top up’ this qualification to an honours degree with just one more year of study
- Gain valuable professional experience through work placements which make up a significant proportion of the course
- Study in the spa town of Buxton on the edge of the Peak District National Park with its many hotels, restaurants and visitor attractions
- Work on real-world projects at our Devonshire Dome, a popular events venue featuring a fine dining restaurant, bistro and industry standard training kitchens
- Help deliver ‘live’ projects from parties to graduation ceremonies, conferences to festivals
- Network with some of the leading names in hospitality: we have links with the likes of Claridge’s, Marriott and Gleneagles
- Learn from a teaching team with extensive industry experience and benefit from the support of a personal tutor throughout
- Broaden your outlook on fascinating fieldtrips to hospitality venues: two UK-based residentials are included in your course fees
- Achieve a qualification which looks great on your CV: our course has professional accreditation from the Institute of Hospitality (IoH)
- Become a member of hosco, the world’s leading hospitality careers network for students and graduates