BA (Hons) Professional Culinary Arts (Top-Up)
Why choose this course?
Keen to take the next step in your culinary career? We offer an exciting opportunity to ‘top up’ your existing qualification to a full honours degree in the space of just a year.
- Build on a relevant foundation degree or HND to gain a BA (Hons) Professional Culinary Arts with one extra year of study
- Set your sights on a career in a world-renowned kitchen, restaurant or hotel: our graduates are now succeeding with top names like Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons and Claridge’s
- Train and work at Buxton’s stunning Devonshire Dome, which offers some of the UK’s best university facilities for culinary students
- Finesse your craft in our state-of-the-art kitchens, fine dining restaurant and bistro
- Acquire managerial and supervisory skills alongside your prowess as a professional chef
- Work on real-life events from weddings and banquets to graduation ceremonies and conferences
- Draw on our strong professional links with Michelin-starred restaurants and leading hotels in the UK and overseas
- Choose to undertake a work placement as part of your independent study module
- Showcase your talent in prestigious competitions which raise your profile within the industry
- Be inspired by our experienced teaching team, including our award-winning chefs and eminent guest speakers
- Become a member of hosco, the world’s leading hospitality careers network for students and graduates