BA (Hons) Professional Culinary Arts (Top-Up)
Why choose this course?
Keen to take the next step in your culinary career? We offer an exciting opportunity to ‘top up’ your existing qualification to a full honours degree in the space of just a year.
- Build on a relevant foundation degree or HND to gain a BA (Hons) Professional Culinary Arts with one extra year of study
- Set your sights on a career in a world-renowned kitchen, restaurant or hotel: our graduates are now succeeding with top names like Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons and Claridge’s
- Train and work at Buxton’s stunning Devonshire Dome, which offers some of the UK’s best university facilities for culinary students
- Finesse your craft in our state-of-the-art kitchens, fine dining restaurant and bistro
- Acquire managerial and supervisory skills alongside your prowess as a professional chef
- Work on real-life events from weddings and banquets to graduation ceremonies and conferences
- Draw on our strong professional links with Michelin-starred restaurants and leading hotels in the UK and overseas
- Choose to undertake a work placement as part of your independent study module
- Showcase your talent in prestigious competitions which raise your profile within the industry
- Be inspired by our experienced teaching team, including our award-winning chefs and eminent guest speakers
- Meet the highest professional standards on a course accredited by the Institute of Hospitality (IoH)
- Become a member of hosco, the world’s leading hospitality careers network for students and graduates
Our hospitality, events and tourism courses have been ranked in the Top 10 in The Guardian University Guide 2019.Show All