Hospitality and Culinary Management Courses
Learn from industry-renowned chefs and hospitality managers at one of the top UK universities for hospitality and culinary management.
Practical and hands-on, our degrees will immerse you in the dynamic world of hospitality and culinary management. That’s why we have a growing international reputation in the industry. You will study in our stunning Grade II* listed campus, the Devonshire Dome in Buxton, which has high specification training kitchens, a fine dining restaurant and café.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“Learning has never been more fun”
“I have achieved more than I ever thought was imaginable at Derby. The lecturers test your practical and mental abilities to the maximum, there is never a ‘dull’ lecturer and everyone is enlightening and inspiring … learning has never been more fun.
“For me, the difference came when I went on placement at The Berkeley in London. To say the experience was an eye-opener is an understatement.”
This is Hospitality and Culinary Management at the University of Derby
- Our campus, the Devonshire Dome, is a major events venue, hosting large weddings and commercial events, giving you real work experience to prepare you for a successful career
- Our teaching team has a wealth of industry experience and includes award-winning chefs
- Our links with local, national and international employers – including Claridges, Skibo Castle, and the Marriott and Lowes Hotels and Resorts – mean you’ll get the opportunity to take part in visits, work experience and placements in the UK and abroad
- Choose to study the way that suits you - over three years or with a year in industry.
What our Hospitality and Culinary Management graduates do
The hospitality industry is growing quickly, and with the practical skills we teach you, you’ll have a range of career opportunities to choose from anywhere in the world.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Head of Hospitality
- Assistant Manager
- Head Chef.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: