- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
History (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
History is a subject for anyone with a sense of curiosity and a desire for a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- Prepare for success on a course which consistently achieves great results in the National Student Survey: in 2016, 97% of students were satisfied with their course and this year we're ranked No.1 for student satisfaction in the UK in the Complete University Guide Subject Tables
- Explore the broad sweep of British, European and global history from the Renaissance to the twentieth century
- Undertake fieldwork at historical locations ranging from country houses to industrial cities
- Share your passion for the past by organising and marketing a high-profile public history conference
- Benefit from the support of a dedicated and enthusiastic teaching team who are published experts in their field
- Develop an impressive set of critical, theoretical and transferable skills which will give you a real advantage in securing a graduate career
- Broaden your skills and knowledge by combining History with another subject, opening up an even wider range of career paths.