In this section
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BA (Hons) History with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
History is a subject for anyone with a sense of curiosity and a desire for a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage.
- Prepare for success on a course which consistently achieves great results in the National Student Survey: in 2016, 97% of students were satisfied with their course and this year we're ranked No.1 for student satisfaction in the UK in the Complete University Guide Subject Tables
- Explore the broad sweep of British, European and global history from the Renaissance to the twentieth century
- Undertake fieldwork at historical locations ranging from country houses to industrial cities
- Share your passion for the past by organising and marketing a high-profile public history conference
- Benefit from the support of a dedicated and enthusiastic teaching team who are published experts in their field
- Develop an impressive set of critical, theoretical and transferable skills which will give you a real advantage in securing a graduate career.