Pre-nursing degree work experience
Do you have the entry qualifications for our BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing and are looking to get the right work experience? Apply for the pre-nursing degree experience project today.
Pre-nursing degree work experience project
Helping you decide whether nursing is for you
The Chesterfield Royal Hospital and Derby Hospitals, in partnership with The University of Derby, are giving you the opportunity for direct patient care experience, enabling you to get that all important understanding of what it would be like to train and work as a nurse. You will then be fully equipped to apply to study BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing with us.
- Be employed as a healthcare assistant for 6 months
- Be paid a salary for your work
- Gain first-hand experience of working on a ward
- Gain solid experience of working with others in a healthcare setting
- Discover what patients, their friends and their family will expect of you.
We are taking applications today to begin the pre-nursing degree work experience in March 2014.
What is the step-by-step process?
- Apply through the NHS jobs website to either Derby Hospitals or Chesterfield Royal Hospitals NHS Trust
- Screening, selection and interviews by Derby Hospitals or Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Trust with The University of Derby
- Pre-employment checks
- After successful application, start work experience as a paid Healthcare Assistant in March 2014, working 30 hours per week
- Complete work experience by September 2014
- Obtain work reference
- After successful application to start BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing at the University of Derby, start in March 2015.
Get professional advice this Saturday
Denise Baker from the University of Derby and Simon Gibson from Royal Derby Hospital will be at our upcoming open day to tell you everything you need to know. Any questions will be welcome to see if this work experience project is for you.
The pre-nursing degree experience project addresses the latest Francis Report and Goverment agreement for:
> A national entry-level requirement for student nurses to spend a miniumum period of time working in direct patient care
> Working under the supervision of a registered nurse
Your key contacts
For further information, please contact:
The University of Derby
Jane Fisher - Admissions Officer
T:01332 592 473
Simon Gibson - Professional Development Advisor, Chesterfield Royal Hospital
T: 01332 789 007
Debbie Kilmartin - Education Advisor
T: 01246 516210