Choose Health and Social Care at Derby
At Derby, we’ll work with you to prepare you for the next step in your career and make sure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional within the health and social care workforce.
We specialise in Diagnostic Imaging, Pre Qualification Health Care, Post Registration Health Care, Social and Community Studies, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Therapeutic Arts.
- Our supportive and highly committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but they are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation, research and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; which means you are benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area.
- Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
- We have great employment rates - 99.5% of our graduates are in work or further study, with 83% of these being in professional or managerial positions.
- Our training facilities are exceptional. We boast some of the best resources you'll find in any university - a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Counselling suites, creative therapy studios and, to be introduced in 2016, a community care living space.
- Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care, as well as social care organisations - through placements, work experience, voluntary work and guest lectures.