Responding to your invitation
How to book University of Derby Awards Ceremony Tickets.
These instructions relate to the ceremonies to be held at Derby Arena on 18 - 20 July 2018. The tickets will be available beginning of April.
Tickets are only available to invited students. Our Awards Ceremonies are not public events and we are unable to make tickets available to anyone other than those invited.
You'll need to use our online system to respond to your invitation. The deadline for responses is 8 May 2018
If you're declining your invitation you need to ensure that you provide us with an up-to-date postal address for yourself as we'll be posting your certificate to you after the ceremony has taken place.
If you are accepting your invitation you'll need to let us know via UDo, you can book and pay for guest tickets via UDo.
In most instances you'll need to book tickets prior to confirmation of any award being made. If your award is not confirmed by 26 June 2018 at 12 noon, then any ticket purchase made will be automatically refunded to you AFTER the ceremony has taken place.
Please note, in some browsers your date of birth may show in an American format mm/dd/yyyy.
1. Ensure the browser you are using allows pop-ups. If you're using a Mac we advise using Firefox.
2. If you’re accessing through the new UDo App, click on the ‘Graduation’ icon as shown below and this will take you to your UDo login screen.
3. Alternatively you can use the link below to access the login screen:
4. You need to access the Enrolment/Student Centre tab to view the Ceremony Ticket Purchase link.
If the display is not as above you may need to select Self Service, My Details (top left of screen as below).
And then select 'Student Center' from the drop down box on the right hand side of the screen as below.
5. You’ll see a pop up advising 'Award Ceremony Tickets are now Available'. When you 'OK' this alert the 'Purchase Tickets or Confirm unable to attend' link is available. Remember you must allow pop ups on your browser to see this link. If you’re using a smart phone or tablet and you are unable to view this, please try from a laptop or PC instead. If you’re still unable to view this link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A set of screens with your personal details on them will load. Please ensure that all of your personal information on these screens is correct. You can update your address details and other information at this point. If your name is not correct or if you believe that you have an incorrect award title, please contact email@example.com as soon as you can. Be aware some browsers will display your date of birth in the American format mm/dd/yyyy
7. When you have navigated through these screens, you'll need to confirm or decline your invitation.
8. Once you have confirmed your attendance, you'll have the option to purchase your guest tickets (up to six). There is no option to spread your transactions, all your requirements must be purchased in one transaction. Please be aware that tickets ARE NOT on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, provided you respond BEFORE 8 May you'll have up to six guest tickets available to you. You can also express an interest in additional tickets (we can’t make any guarantee we’ll have additional tickets but we’ll update you via email). You’ll need to inform us of any special requirements you or your guests have.
9. Once you have purchased your tickets you’ll be required to enter an email address. Confirmation of your successful payment will be automatically sent to the email address you supply.
Please ensure you enter a correct and valid email address. Tickets are not supplied at this point. Provided you fulfil the conditions of attendance, if you’ve a UK address we’ll post the tickets to you in late June, if you’ve an overseas address tickets will be available for collection on the day of your ceremony from the venue. We’ll email further information about this in due course.
If you've forgotten your password or if it has expired you can use your personal security questions to reset your password. Alternatively you can email ITServiceCentre@derby.ac.uk or call 01332 591234. You'll need the following information:
- your full name
- date of birth
- student number, programme of study and if known, course code
Passwords are case sensitive and need to be at least 6 characters in length, include at least one capital letter, one number and must be different from any previously used password/s.
No purchase tickets link displaying? Please advise us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org