Environmental Hazards (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Interested in the natural and manmade hazards that affect our planet? This course will help you build a career around managing the impact of floods, earthquakes, landslides, volcanoes, coastal erosion and climate change.
- Discover the causes of natural hazards and the fascinating processes which take place on and within the Earth
- Gain highly specialised skills and knowledge which will equip you for some of the most important environmental jobs
- Translate theory into practice with our strong focus on hands-on experience in the laboratory and in the field
- Explore active hazards on a variety of field trips: our students have conducted investigations in both the UK and overseas
- Learn how hazards affect society, and how hazards can be managed and prepared for
- Learn from friendly, supportive and expert staff who have been commended by quality inspectors for their high standard of teaching