BSc (Hons) Geography
Why choose this course?
Stimulate your curiosity about the Earth and the human societies that inhabit it. With first-class teaching, exciting fieldtrips and excellent facilities, our BSc (Hons) Geography will help you map out an inspiring career.
- Our BSc (Hons) Geography course is ranked top for student experience out of 74 other higher education providers in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016
- Look forward to great career prospects: 100% of our geography graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course (HESA, 2016)
- Benefit from high academic standards on one of the few geography degrees in the country with accreditation from The Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Gain vital practical experience through field-based studies in the UK and overseas: past trips include Crete and Morocco
- We offer you the opportunity to spend a semester studying in the USA or Canada to gain new perspectives on geography
- Make the most of our location next to the Derwent Valley Mills UNESCO World Heritage Site and the outstanding landscapes of the Peak District National Park
- Learn from our expert, enthusiastic and supportive teaching team which includes active researchers
You can also take Geography as a Joint Honours subject.