- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BSc (Hons) Geography with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you want a strong platform for success on our BSc (Hons) Geography, why not consider taking a foundation year first? It could be the start of a journey which opens up a whole world of career opportunities.
- Choose a route which is ideal if you are embarking on a fresh career direction, exploring a new subject area or don’t quite meet the entry requirements to join our honours degree straight away
- Start your studies at foundation year stage for a thorough grounding in the subject and achieve your full honours degree in four years
- Boost your professional credibility on one of the few geography degrees in the country with accreditation from The Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Specialise in the physical, environmental or human area of geography – or a mixture of them all – with our extensive range of optional modules
- Explore some of the most urgent sustainable development challenges facing our planet, such as food security and water scarcity
- Develop your practical skills through field-based studies in the UK and overseas: our previous fieldtrips have taken in Crete and Morocco
- Broaden your perspectives: we offer you the opportunity to spend a semester studying in the USA or Canada
- Investigate fascinating locations like the Derwent Valley Mills UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Peak District National Park which are right on our doorstep
- Benefit from the support and encouragement of staff with substantial research expertise
You can also take Geography as a Joint Honours subject.
Take a look at our Geography video here.