BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Psychology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Combine strong psychological insights with the skills of the forensic scientist – and you’ll be ideally prepared for a career to take you far. Choosing to embark on your studies with a foundation year gives you a great starting point too.
- Forensic Science at Derby is ranked in the Top 10 for student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide 2019 and Top 10 for student experience according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Study a programme which sets high professional standards: this course is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
- Start out at foundation year stage if you would like a thorough grounding in key aspects of your subject before progressing to honours degree studies – ideal if you are planning a career change or exploring areas which are new to you
- Achieve your goals even if you don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter our three-year honours degree programme directly: with the foundation year, you can complete your full BSc (Hons) in four years
- Balance forensic science skills with fascinating perspectives on the criminal mind and criminal behaviour
- Look forward to exciting career prospects: this course can lead to fulfilling roles in the worlds of forensic science, criminal justice and law
- Take full advantage of our exceptional facilities, including a crime scene house, forensic labs, psychological observation suites and courtrooms
- Draw on our flourishing links with the police, emergency services and hospitals for a learning experience rooted in contemporary professional practice
- Gain valuable workplace experience: you will have the opportunity to undertake work based learning in a forensic imaging unit, footwear unit or the forensic analytical service laboratories of our partner, the East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit