BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Psychology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Combine strong psychological insights with the skills of the forensic scientist – and you’ll be ideally prepared for a career to take you far. Choosing to embark on your studies with a foundation year gives you a great starting point too.
- Start out at foundation year stage if you would like a thorough grounding in key aspects of your subject before progressing to honours degree studies – ideal if you are planning a career change or exploring areas which are new to you
- Achieve your goals even if you don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter our three-year honours degree programme directly: with the foundation year, you can complete your full BSc (Hons) in four years
- Balance forensic science skills with fascinating perspectives on the criminal mind and criminal behaviour
- Look forward to exciting career prospects: this course can lead to fulfilling roles in the worlds of forensic science, criminal justice and law
- Take full advantage of our exceptional facilities, including a crime scene house, forensic labs, psychological observation suites and courtrooms
- Draw on our flourishing links with the police, emergency services and hospitals for a learning experience rooted in contemporary professional practice
- Gain valuable workplace experience: you will have the opportunity of a year-long placement in a forensic imaging unit, footwear unit or the forensic analytical service laboratories of our partner, the East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit