BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Criminology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Extend your career scope and enhance your employability on a four-year course which brings together the skills of the forensic scientist and the insights of the criminologist.
- Forensic Science at Derby is ranked in the Top 10 for student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide 2019 and Top 10 for student experience according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Study a programme which sets high professional standards: this course is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
- Start your journey at foundation year stage: the knowledge you’ll gain is invaluable if you are thinking about changing your career plans or if you want to discover fascinating new subject areas
- Build a solid platform for honours degree studies: the foundation year route is also an excellent option if you don’t have the formal qualifications to join our BSc (Hons) directly
- Develop an impressive combination of professional skills to enhance your versatility and open up new opportunities in the graduate job market
- Chart how cases are progressed from crime scene to courtroom
- Gain practical experience in our first-rate facilities, including forensic laboratories, crime scene house, courtrooms and crime scene cars
- Place your knowledge of forensic science in a wider context, by exploring themes such as miscarriages of justice, policing and society, and victimology
- Enjoy compelling insights into working life by learning alongside professional forensic scientists, fingerprint experts, police officers, lawyers and judges
- Experience real-world learning at its best: you will have the opportunity of a year-long placement in a forensic imaging unit, footwear unit or forensic analytical service lab thanks to our partnership with the East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit (EMSOU)