Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000
- Came into force from the 1 January 2005.
- It gives everyone both in and outside the University a right of access to information held by University of Derby.
- It covers all digital and print records and information held by University of Derby whether current or archived.
- There are situations where information is not required to be released and should not be released.
- Personal information is covered by the Data Protection Act
The University of Derby Publication Scheme
- To help with our obligations under FOI, University of Derby has already produced a Publication scheme.
- This details the types of information the University routinely provides to the public and how the public may access the information.
- It includes things like the University structure and organisation, its services and procedures, practices, and guidelines.
- The public has the right to ask for information which is not contained in the University Publication scheme.
Please email email@example.com or use the or post your request for any information to;
Information Assurance Co-ordinator
Information Technology Services
University of Derby
Call: +44(0) 1332 592151 (or ext 2151)