Markeaton Park Permit Terms & Conditions
Terms, conditions and regulations relevant to the issuing of student car parking permits at Markeaton Park
The University has established criteria against which it may be possible to issue permits to certain students. The criteria used have been evaluated as the fairest method for issuing permits within the confines of need, space and resource.
The following criteria are in use currently, though they are subject to change in order that the University meets its objective (no hierarchical order):
- There is no guarantee of space being available. If all car parks are full, alternative parking should be sought
- All permit holders are requested to drive with due care and consideration for other persons
- The University provides a free shuttle bus which runs between all the Derby campuses and Markeaton Park (currently Kedleston Road, Markeaton Street and Britannia Mill)
- Any student can use the Kedleston Road parking facilities free of charge after 4.30pm
- All permit applications will be reviewed by the Car Parking Team who reserve the right to withhold or revoke permits if deemed necessary
- Permits are valid during teaching weeks identified in the academic calendar published each year
To be issued with a car parking permit, a valid insurance certificate showing you as a named driver must be produced.
Loss of permit
A permit will only be re-issued if substantial proof can be provided that the original has been lost or stolen. It is in the interest of permit holders, therefore, to take great care of the permit. If you intend trading or scrapping your vehicle, please ensure that you retrieve the permit.
The permit is valid as indicated by the expiry date.
Change of details
It is a student’s responsibility to inform the Car Park Administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes in details from that submitted on the application form, especially changes which would materially alter the nature of the application, or the eligibility to continue to hold a permit. To change car details, a current Insurance certificate must be provided for your new vehicle. You must return your old permit. A new permit will not be issued until these have been seen.
These are extremely limited; therefore they will be issued on a first come first served basis and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Due to the limitation of permits, and close proximity of Halls of Residence, the University reserve the right to withhold sales to those living in Halls without reason or supporting evidence. Alternative transport is available.
Breaches in regulations
Permit holders are warned that breaches of these terms, conditions and regulations may result in the revoking of the permit and disciplinary action in accordance with the University’s Regulations.
Warning notices of such action will be issued in less serious instances, however the University reserves the right to take immediate action in cases involving health and safety, fraudulent applications, or misuse of the permit and the car park.
The Markeaton Park Car park is a Derby City Council car park failure to comply with the Markeaton Park and Ride permit Terms and Conditions will result in a parking fine being issued. The University of Derby cannot accept any responsibility for this.