Events Management Courses
A prestigious events venue in its own right, our inspirational campus in Buxton is the ideal place to prepare for a career in the exciting world of events management.
From celebrity weddings to glamorous awards ceremonies, you’ll have many opportunities to gain valuable hands-on experience while studying for your degree.
Our award-winning teaching team is highly respected by the industry as well as regional, national and international employers. You’ll be taught by events management professionals who are carrying out leading research and have great links with industry, essential in preparing you for real-life situations you’ll encounter in the workplace.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“This course has been crucial in securing my job”
“The impact of studying this course at Derby has been crucial in securing my job and giving me the confidence to go out and get what I want. My time at the University of Derby has proved to me that I can do things I didn’t think I could. I’ve gained so much confidence when presenting in front of people and have surprised myself each time I handed in a piece of work at the grades I had achieved.”
This is Event Management at the University of Derby
- You’ll study in the inspirational Grade II* listed Devonshire Dome in Buxton, giving you regular opportunities to work on weddings and corporate events
- You’ll work on local and national events such as dinners and conferences at Chatsworth House, a stately home in the glorious Peak District, and Glastonbury Festival, one of the country’s most established music festivals
- Fieldtrips form an important part of your learning - you’ll develop an extensive knowledge of the industry through visits to established regional and national events
- Our courses have been developed in partnership with employers such as Showsec International. We are a member of NOEA, the National Outdoor Events Association and a founding member of AEME, the Association for Events Management Education.
What our Events Management graduates do
Events Management is an exciting career area, and you will be able to choose from a variety of options when you complete your course.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- conference management
- events management
- festival management
- account management
- hospitality management.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: