In this section
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BSc (Hons) Sound, Light and Live Event Technology*
Why choose this course?
*This course is available to study with an Industrial Year or without Industrial Year.
- This course is recognised as one of the leading programmes for those wishing to start a technical career in the Live Events Industry. You’ll enjoy dedicated facilities with world class equipment and learn from tutors who work in the industry and are experts in their fields. View the facilities gallery here.
- You'll have excellent employment prospects – 100% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after finishing (Unistats). Since completing his degree, Tom Ralston is Project Manager for many international events (Justin Bieber, One Direction, Lionel Ritchie etc.) in the Middle East and won a major award in the Middle East's premiere event industry show in Dubai.
- You'll gain vital experience through collaborative projects. You'll work closely with other people who are studying music technology, music, electronics and theatre, and so you'll all benefit from a challenging, stimulating and creative learning environment.
- The recent world premiere of the new 007 film Spectre at the Royal Albert Hall, London, had no fewer than eight Sound, Light and Live Event Technology graduates working on the production. Tom Denny and Alex Huggins worked on lighting for the production company, Limited Edition. Impact Production Services provided the staging and structures and had graduates Ben Hawkes, Ian Brown, Ben Coxon and James Coghlan on their team. Anna Valley displays had George Easey and Ben Thurston providing video wall systems.
- 100% of Sound, Light and Live Event Technology graduates were in work or further study six months after completing the degree (DLHE 2014/15)
- This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and it incorporates aspects of electronics, optics, acoustics, computer aided design, simulation and control, electrical power distribution, management, and team working.