BSc (Hons) Sound, Light and Live Event Technology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
One of the leading courses of its kind in the country, this degree prepares you for a technical career in the pulsating world of live events. Our foundation year route is a smart move if you feel you are not quite ready to join the honours degree directly.
- Embark on your studies at foundation year level if you want a solid platform of skills and knowledge for success on the honours degree
- Gain a head start in a high-tech industry where there is an urgent demand for more skilled engineers and technicians
- Study in a challenging, stimulating and creative learning environment – harnessing world-class equipment in our dedicated facilities
- Learn from inspirational tutors who have vast experience in the industry and are experts in their fields
- Cover fascinating aspects of electronics, optics, acoustics, computer aided design, simulation and control, and electrical power distribution
- Plan and deliver real live events as part of your studies
- Take the chance to go on an optional industrial year to strengthen your practical skills further still
- Boost your professional credibility on a course accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Enjoy collaborative projects, working closely with other students specialising in subjects such as music technology, music, electronics and theatre
- Look forward to excellent employment prospects: the majority of our students go into employment, freelancing or further study after graduating
- Follow in the footsteps of our high-achieving graduates who have gone on to work internationally on everything from James Bond film premières to star-studded concerts
Find out more about the exciting projects being undertaken by staff and students in our Entertainment Engineering specialist subject group.
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Sound, Light and Live Event Technology without a foundation year. Find out more.Show All