BSc (Hons) Broadcast Engineering and Live Event Technology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Interested in an action-packed career at the cutting edge of outside broadcasting, live events and sports coverage? Featuring a foundation year to give you a strong platform for success in your studies, this distinctive degree includes genuine industry experience and all the skills and knowledge you need.
- Start your journey with a foundation year if you feel you are not quite ready to join the three-year honours degree directly
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering and technology behind broadcasting such as production, vision mixing, replay systems and signal distribution
- Take some classes with our industry partner, Cloudbass: a unique opportunity to access industry-standard equipment and expertise
- Benefit from working on a variety of real live broadcast productions with Cloudbass in your final year
- Get involved in exciting media productions, from sports broadcasting and performance production to interactive displays and video creation
- Learn from practising broadcast engineers for important and current insights into the profession
- Boost your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
Find out more about the exciting projects being undertaken by staff and students in our Entertainment Engineering specialist subject group.
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Broadcast Engineering and Live Event Technology without a foundation year. Find out more.Show All