The International Centre for Guidance Studies 20th Anniversary International Conference
Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th May 2018
University of Derby, Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LD
Imagining new perspectives on work – the role of career development in shaping futures.
In recognition of the 20th Anniversary of The International Centre for Guidance Studies (iCeGS), we are hosting an international conference.
The conference title is “Imagining new perspectives on work – the role of career development in shaping futures.” The event aims to examine how the concept of work might develop and evolve over the next decade and in conjunction with this how the role of career development practitioners might need to adapt to continue supporting individuals in the future.
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor David Blustein, (Boston College, USA)
- Professor Ronald Sultana (University of Malta)
- Dr Phoebe Moore (University of Leicester)
- Dr Deirdre Hughes OBE (University of Warwick)
- Professor Tristram Hooley (Careers and Enterprise Company, University of Derby)
- Dr Siobhan Neary (Head of the International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby)
- Dr Jo Hutchinson (SQW)
The conference will focus on key themes shaping the concept of career and the way in which career guidance is theorised and practiced. Themes are likely to include globalisation, social change and technology.
A draft copy of the conference programme can be found here.
Details of the two days workshops can be accessed via the following links:
There is an option to book on to the conference dinner that will be taking place at Masa Restaurant on the evening of the 23rd May. Guest arrival time is from 6.45pm and dinner will be served at 7.15pm.
Costs are as follows:
- Full Fee (2 Day Conference) - £235.00 + VAT
- NICEC Members/CDI Members/Current iCeGS Associates (2 Day Conference) - £200.00 + VAT
- Students (2 Day Conference) - £155.00 + VAT
- Day Delegate (Cost per Day, x 2 For Full Attendance) - £140.00 + VAT
- Optional Conference Dinner on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 - £40.00
Booking deadline 18th May.
Staying over in Derby:
The Jurys Inn is a short walk from the Enterprise centre in Derby. We currently have a number of rooms on hold at the hotel against the name iCeGS at a discounted rate of £81 B&B per night, single occupancy. To secure a room please contact the hotel direct via email or call 01332 621000 and select group reservations.
Alternatively, take a look at this map showing the latest hotel deals close to our venue.
Getting to Derby:
If you are travelling to the UK from overseas, please click HERE for information on the local airports and travelling into Derby.
To book a place on this conference, please fill in the form below: