Compassion in Health Care
Growing and Sustaining Compassion in Health Care Conference
17th June 2015
Enterprise Centre, Derby
Welcome to the First East Midlands Compassion in Health Care Conference
This Conference aims to provide a forum for Health care professionals and providers to discuss and debate the need for compassionate care in Health Care. We aim to support this by introducing different ideas about compassion, from individual, team and organisational perspectives.
The conference will focus on:
- Implementing, growing and sustaining compassion in health care
- Integrating compassionate approaches in everyday work
- Identifying compassionate team workings
- Towards growing and sustaining compassionate organisations
To critically debate these approaches, we are delighted to announce that a range of prominent speakers will be leading. Speakers include;
- Steve Trenchard Chief Executive. Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Julie Bailey, Health Campaigner for Cure the NHS
- Patients perspective
- Dr Michelle Cree Clinical Psychologist Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Paul Gilbert (OBE) author The Compassionate Mind (via interactive media)
- Dr Penny Campling , co-author of Intelligent Kindness
- Dr. Fiona Marshall, Research Fellow, Empathy in Practice Study
- Professor Paul Crawford, Professor of Health Humanities, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, University of Nottingham
Representatives from The Alzheimer’s Society, The Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning (CHILL), Derby University centre for Health and social care.
Blackwells Bookshop will be offering discounts on books during and after the day to delegates
Delegates will receive a buffet style lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
There is no charge for delegates but please note that registration is essential and open to NHS staff, University Staff and representatives from other health and social care organisations.
We hope you will join us.
The conference is hosted by the University of Nottingham in conjunction with the University of Derby and funded by The British Academy.