- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BA (Hons) Writing and Publishing
Why choose this course?
The first single honours degree of its kind in the UK, this exciting new course combines authorship and publishing to open up a world of opportunities in the creative industries.
- Develop the understanding and skills you need to embark upon successful careers in writing, editing, literature and publishing
- Explore the entire spectrum of the creative process: our unique integrated curriculum takes you from conception and writing through to content development, editing, publishing and sale
- Look at the creative literary industry from all angles and cover every sector – from fiction to scholarly, poetry to biography, children’s books to travel
- Build essential business and leadership skills and gain insights into important aspects of the law, including author contracts and copyright
- Gain real-world experience of writing, editing and publishing through our in-house unit, Peregrine Publishing
- Learn from our highly experienced lecturers, many of whom have substantial backgrounds in the creative and publishing industries
- This is a new course starting in September 2017 (*subject to approval).