- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Creative & Professional Writing (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Offering a thorough grounding in the art, craft and processes of writing, this course equips you with vital skills which will set you apart – whether you aspire to work in publishing, editing, new digital media or the broader creative and literary industries.
- Compile an impressive portfolio of creative and professional writing to present to prospective employers
- Develop your work for commercial sale through our partnership project with international publisher ROMAN Books
- Gain valuable insights into the writing profession through mentoring, internships, work-based projects and our vibrant programme of guest lectures by leading writers
- Seize the chance to get your talent noticed in the industry: our students regularly win awards for their work
- Be inspired by our teaching team of experienced and internationally respected writers
- Spend part of your second year studying at one of our partner universities in America
- Broaden your skills and knowledge by combining Creative & Professional Writing with another subject, opening up an even wider range of career paths.