- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BA (Hons) Creative & Professional Writing
Why choose this course?
Offering a thorough grounding in the art, craft and processes of writing, this course equips you with vital skills which will set you apart - whether you aspire to work in publishing, editing, new digital media or the broader creative and literary industries.
- Compile an impressive portfolio of creative and professional writing to present to prospective employers
- Develop your work for commercial sale through our partnership project with international publisher ROMAN Books
- Gain valuable insights into the writing profession through mentoring, internships, work-based projects and our vibrant programme of guest lectures by leading writers
- Seize the chance to get your talent noticed in the industry: our students regularly win awards for their work
- Be inspired by our teaching team of experienced and internationally respected writers: in the latest National Student Survey, 100% of our students said that staff made the subject interesting
- Spend part of your second year studying at one of our partner universities in America.