The workshops at Markeaton street include a motorsport workshop, mechanical and manufacturing engineering workshop, wood workshop, metal workshop and crafts workshop.
- Motorsport workshop – Also has classroom and computer lab. We have a great relationship with Toyota who are based in Derby and have given the motorsport team a number of engines to work on. Numerous vehicles for students to work on including Daytona Motorcycles.
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering workshop - Some motorsport student also use this to make their own engine parts.
- Wood workshop – used across courses including applied arts, fine art, product design, architecture for model making.
- Metal workshop – used across courses including applied arts, fine art, product design, architecture for model making.
- Crafts workshop – for range of materials including, wood, plastic, also has separate welding bay. Used by crafts students, product design students as well as others.