BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Why choose this course?
This degree offers you an excellent route into professional practice and recognition as a qualified electrical or electronic engineer, fully equipped to develop and manage demanding projects.
- Prepare to achieve Incorporated Engineer status: we have applied for renewed accreditation by the Institution of Engineering and Technology to ensure this course gives you the relevant recognition
- Build your skills in working with machines, electronic circuits, microprocessors, simulation software and renewable energy equipment
- Study in an inspirational learning environment at our Markeaton Street site, home to our impressive new STEM Centre and featuring laboratories, workshops and the latest technology
- Gain valuable industry experience on an optional work placement as part of your studies
- Take the chance to get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Prepare for a fulfilling career in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive systems, electrical power generation, mining or the rail industry
- Choose a university with a focus on employability: we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)