BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Gain a real career advantage on this exciting degree which will put you at the forefront of future technologies. Taking a foundation year smooths your progress on the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering, so that you are ideally placed to join one of the UK’s most in-demand professions.
- Embark on your studies at foundation year level if you want a solid platform of skills and knowledge for success on the honours degree
- Prepare for rewarding careers in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive electrical and electronic systems, electrical power generation, the rail industry or music and entertainment
- Choose a course accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)* and start your journey towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
- Include an optional industry placement year as part of your studies to gain vital insights into professional practice
- Study in an inspirational learning environment at our Markeaton Street site, home to our impressive new STEM Centre and fully equipped with laboratories, workshops and the latest technology
- Learn from an expert teaching team experienced in the different branches of electrical and electronic engineering and who have produced many influential research publications and textbooks
- Take the chance to get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Enhance your career prospects: 91.7% of our Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates are now in graduate level employment (DLHE 2015/16)
Choose a university with a focus on employability: we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
*We are seeking accreditation for the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Year course.
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.