Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses
rating for Teaching
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (National Student Survey 2016)
In Work or Further Study
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DLHE 2014/15)
of graduates are now in graduate level employment
BEng (Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Get ready for a cutting-edge career with our professionally recognised electrical and electronic engineering courses.
Where would we be without electronic and electrical engineering? From industrial technology, through mobile phones and laptops to the world of music and entertainment, this ever-changing discipline impacts on all our lives. On our courses you’ll learn the principles of electrical and electronic circuits and devices, and then put theory into practice with a variety of insightful experiments and innovative design projects.
Studying at Derby enhanced my knowledge of engineering and improved my personal skills
“Studying in Derby gave me confidence in my abilities and taught me to be creative. Staff are very friendly and always willing to help – and they’re the top in their field. My time here has improved me on so many levels, not just the academic side.”
This is Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- You’ll study in laboratories and workshops equipped with the latest technology, making sure your skills are as up to date as possible
- Our courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology so you’ll graduate with a professionally recognised qualification
- Work placements can lead to an extra qualification, the Diploma in Professional Practice, giving you the edge in the graduate jobs market
- You’ll be able to work with students on similar courses for the University’s annual Derbot competition, where you’ll design, build and race a robot
- Discover how to harness the power of wind, waves and the sun in our electrical and renewable energy laboratory
You’ll learn and carry out experiments in our specialist laboratories dedicated to this area of engineering. Our Electrical and Renewable Energy Lab contains state-of-the-art equipment to investigate different methods of harnessing energy from wind, wave and solar. View the 360 video of our Mutli Channel Sound Development Room.
What our Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates do
You’ll have a range of electrical and electronic engineering employment opportunities open to you when you graduate.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- automotive electrical and electronic systems
- electrical power generation
- medical electronics
- music and entertainment technology
- rail industry.
You could also go on to study our MSc Control and Instrumentation postgraduate degree.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: