Early Years Teacher team conference
Enhancing Positive Relationships - Saturday 6 July 2013
We were joined by more than 70 delegates in our fourth annual conference - Enhancing Positive Relationships. Developed for practitioners in the Early Years sector, the conference was designed to explore working relationships; more specifically, the relationship with children in their setting, their communications with parents and their working behaviours within teams.
The keynote speaker was the inspirational Helen Moylett who opened the conference with a focus on the unique child being a competent learner from birth. Helen then joined the delegates in attending the expert-led scheduled workshops as she was keen to learn more.
- Practitioner Workshop - Craig Collinson, Managing Director of Totem Training Ltd, delivered a workshop based around the themes of positivity, and having a positive mental attitude. Craig has been nominated for Nursery World Trainer of the Year, and it was easy to see why as he delivered a fun and thought-provoking session.
- Child Workshop – Maya Cockburn hosted an energetic, fun-filled workshop full of practical ideas for practitioners to apply within their setting. With lots of resources to experiment with, our delegates had a great interactive session focused on movement.
- Parent Workshop – Sarah Gower-Jones bestowed her wealth of knowledge and experience of developing strong relationships with parents and carers. With practical suggestions for communication and reflecting on best practice, delegates enjoyed a valuable session full of new ideas.
Four lucky delegates took away fabulous raffle prizes of wonderful resources for their setting. Throughout the day delegates were encouraged to share their best practice suggestions and ideas from the conference. View the Thinking tree of ideas.
Debrah Turner, Early Years Teacher Programme Leader, said: “I am delighted how successful our conference was; it was a real honor to support the professional development of our early years practitioners and to host an excellent networking and learning opportunity is a real treat. The feedback from the event was extremely positive and comments underline the passion and dedication of practitioners within the sector.”
View some images from the day
We had some great feedback from our delegates on the day:
- “Great people, great day, great ideas.”
- “As is said on the tin - inspirational”
- “Really insightful and made me think about my role as a practitioner.”
- “Well organised and fantastic facilities with a real focus on what is important.”
- “As usual, an interesting and motivating day.”
- “Organised, professional, enjoyable. Thank you”
- “Very inspiring – the last slide of the presentation had me close to tears, very knowledgeable.”
- “Really powerful messages.”
- “Practical ideas I can implement.”
- “Lots of really good ideas to share and take back.”
Find out more
For further information please contact:
University of Derby