PDN July 2015 Agenda
Friday 10 July at 1.30pm
- Reflections on our annual conference
- Evaluation of the specialist mentor course
- Feedback from our work in Qatar.
- Meetings for next year
- Developments for next year.
You may also wish to note the details of our SEN conference as follows:
We would like to highlight our forthcoming Special Educational Needs and Inclusive Practice Conference scheduled for Friday 12 June 2015.
The conference is for all people working in the area of special educational needs and inclusive practice and students studying in this area.
The event will focus on the vital place of collaboration and collegiate working in delivering the best possible outcomes for learners and embraces the proverb ‘If you want to travel fast, travel alone; if you want to travel far, travel with others’.The event will also host special presentations and musical performances from children and young people from our community.
After the key note we’ll split into groups for workshops. These workshops are led by experts in the field. You’ll be able to choose 2 of the following fabulous workshops to attend.
- Special Educational Needs : Dyscalculia and mathematical development: strategies for ‘exclusion’
Visiting Professor Steven Chinn.
- Mentoring through collaborative research
Dr Deborah Robinson and members of the UOD Professional Development Network.
- Using Soft Data to Demonstrate Academic and Social Inclusion
Rhys Hancock (Alfreton Park Special School), Shally Shaleri-Palmer (St. Martins Special School).
- Supporting learners with Dyslexia – a review of effective practices from the learners’ perspective.
Sarah Chapman (Winner of Derbyshire inspirational woman of the year award).
- Early Childhood Development and the Education of International Children with visual impairment
Dr Paul Lynch from the University of Birmingham100 places are available at the price of only £30.00 per delegate. Staff and students of the University of Derby are free of charge. More information and booking details to follow soon.