Invite one of your lecturers along too and we’ll pay for your travel tickets.
All you need to do is arrange a visit back to your school or college to speak to current students about what you’re studying and life at University of Derby in Buxton, and ask one of your lecturers to accompany you to talk to them too.
In return, we’ll pay for your travel tickets there and back. All you need to do is arrange a visit between 1 September 2016 - 31 January 2017.
So what are you waiting for? Take a free trip home on us.
How to turn your trip home in to a free one:
- Complete the form below with your details and we will support you in arranging a visit to your college.
- We will get in touch with the lecturer you have nominated to take with you. Don’t worry - they don’t have to travel on the same journey with you, they can meet you at the school!
- Visit your school/college, see friends and family and have a great time!
- Claim your travel costs back from the University of Derby.
What about the talk, what will you cover?
Your talk can include information on life at University, what you’re studying, what’s great about it, hints and tips for students looking to go to university. Your lecturer can then talk for a short time on studying a degree in events, spa, tourism or hospitality and culinary management at Derby.
Stuck for ideas? Don’t worry, we can give you lots of advice on topic areas you could cover for a short presentation.
Book your visit home
To book your free trip home, just fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
The small print
There are a few terms and conditions:
- Hello offer will pay for your UK and EU travel costs each way for standard class fares
- The student talk back at school/college has to talk positively about your University of Derby experience
- Talk outline must be submitted on the form below
- Our Senior Marketing Assistant (Outreach) and your lecturer can offer any support you need to help shape the talk if required
- All talks need to be delivered between 1 September 2016 to 31 January 2017.