BA (Hons) Policing and Investigations*
Why choose this course?
Want to learn more about how policing and investigations work? This distinctive new degree will help you develop the advanced skills and critical thinking you need for professional practice in a challenging, dynamic and varied sector.
- Explore contemporary policing and the criminal investigation process, underpinned by relevant academic theories in criminology, forensics and sociology
- Achieve an additional qualification alongside your degree: we are an approved provider of the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP) which will give you a head start in your career
- Gain vital professional insights through opportunities to become a Police Support Volunteer or a Special Constable during your studies, with full support from our team
- Learn from academics who have wide-ranging experience at different levels within the police service and as criminal investigators
- Harness our excellent learning facilities – from a crime scene house to courtrooms – to hone your investigative skills and enhance your professional experience
- Prepare for a career not just in policing but also in broader areas such as civilian investigation, crime reduction, probation and security
- This is a new course starting in September 2017 (*subject to approval).