BA (Hons) Policing and Investigations
Why choose this course?
Want to learn more about how policing and investigations work? This distinctive new degree is a combination of the theory, policy and practice of policing and investigations, criminology and criminal justice, equipping you with the advanced skills to pursue a career in the broader criminal justice system.
- We're all about employability - gain vital investigative work experience as part of your degree through our links with employers such as NEXT PLC, Derbyshire Constabulary, the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA), Nottinghamshire Police and Rolls Royce
- Our teaching team are former police officers, police detectives and criminal investigators, providing you with a unique insight into real world policing and investigations
- Explore contemporary policing and the criminal investigation process, underpinned by relevant academic theories in criminology, forensics and sociology
- During your studies you have the opportunity to become a Police Support Volunteer or a Special Constable if you wish to pursue a career as a Police Office after graduating, and have volunteering opportunities within Retail Loss Prevention
- Harness our excellent learning facilities - from a crime scene house to courtrooms - to hone your investigative skills and enhance your professional experience
- Prepare for a career not just in policing but also in broader areas such as civilian investigation, crime reduction, probation and security.