- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Criminology (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Go behind the news headlines and explore some of the most pressing issues confronting society today. This is a distinctive and intellectually stimulating course which delivers all the skills, knowledge and practical insights you need to become a highly effective professional in the criminal justice system.
- Examine the causes and consequences of crime, how crime is measured and defined, and how criminals are managed and controlled
- Explore intriguing real-life case studies - from the psychological profiling of offenders to hostage negotiations
- Visit courts, prisons, police custody suites and youth offender training centres to learn more about working life in the criminal justice system
- Tailor your course to match your personal interests and career ambitions - with our choice of specialist pathways in your final year
- Learn from experienced practitioners and influential academic researchers
- Study part of your degree abroad through the Erasmus exchange scheme or at one of our partner institutions in the USA
- Broaden your skills and knowledge by combining Criminology with another subject, opening up a wider range of career paths
- From Alcatraz to Hollywood - our current students recently visited the USA where they gained first-hand experience about the realities of life behind bars at correction facilities, city jails and the infamous Alcatraz. They also learnt about reintegration programs, gang prevention and intervention services at Los Angeles City Hall and the secrets of loss prevention from a leading expert in Hollywood
- Study a course that’s ranked 20th in the Guardian University League Tables 2017.