- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Introduction to Meditation Awareness Training
Meditation Awareness Training (MAT) is an evidenced-based personal and professional skills training program that teaches mindfulness as well as other forms of meditation (compassion and loving-kindness meditation). MAT has been show to improve wellbeing and work-effectiveness, and has been delivered to hundreds of delegates in the UK as well as internationally.
This workshop will:
- Help you understand the key principles of mindfulness and meditation
- Familiarise you with traditional and contemporary approaches to practicing mindfulness
- Give you an understanding of the model of mindfulness used by MAT, and how this differs from other midfulness-based approaches
- Make you aware of key issues and challenges facing the mindfulness field
The workshop will be delivered by Willian Van Gordon, an internationally recognised expert in the research and practice of mindfulness and meditation whose dedicated 10 years of his life to the study and practice of meditation. William has written several books and has over 100 academic publications relating to the scientific study of meditation including in journals such as the British Medical Journal, British Journal of General Practice, British Journal of Health Psychology, Austalian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry and Mindfulness.
Who is this course for?
This interactive mindfulness workshop is ideal for anyone wishing to complete a training programme in MAT to aid with personal development, professional development and wellbeing. Also, ideal for inividuals with leadership and palliative responsibilities.Show All