Master of Research (MRes) Social Sciences and Humanities*
Why choose this course?
Develop your potential and profile as a successful researcher on this innovative masters course. It enables you to undertake original research and push the boundaries of knowledge in your specialist area of choice.
- Focus on a subject pathway which matches your interests and ambitions: you can graduate with an MRes in Social Research, Criminal Psychology, Humanities or Journalism
- Learn in an inter-disciplinary and research-active environment
- Build advanced research skills through a series of inspirational masterclasses
- Conduct your own substantial piece of independent research, with support and supervision from influential academic researchers
- Join our dynamic and supportive postgraduate community and work with influential researchers on collaborative projects
- Focus on ‘real-world’ research: if you are already in employment, you can relate your studies directly to your professional role
- Learn how to attract funding for research projects and how to share your findings for maximum impact
- Benefit from a truly interdisciplinary approach to learning, drawing on best research practice from across the social sciences and humanities
- Boost your future prospects by building an impressive portfolio of transferable skills in data collection, analysis and critical reflection – using evidence to evaluate and solve problems
- Prepare for a fulfilling career as a researcher or research manager in academia or public, private and voluntary organisation
- Gain an excellent platform if you want to progress to a PhD
- Enjoy flexibility in your studies – with the chance to take shorter versions of the course leading to a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma.
*subject to approvalShow All