- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Why choose this course?
Do you have considerable experience working in education but still need to achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? We offer a flexible, convenient pathway to help you realise your ambitions and progress your teaching career.
Our Assessment Only Route to QTS could be ideal if you are:
- Working as an unqualified teacher – paid or unpaid – or if you have extensive recent experience of teaching in a school or college.
- A cover supervisor, Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) or supply teacher
- An experienced Further Education lecturer now working in a school and keen to gain QTS
- An overseas trained teacher who does not automatically qualify for QTS or who did not gain QTS within the four-year limit.
- The Assessment Only Route is open to colleagues in Independent Schools, Academies, Special Schools, PRUs