PGCE Post-14 (Education and Training)
Why choose this course?
Prepare for a worthwhile career teaching and training in the Further Education and Skills sector. This postgraduate course paves the way for you to teach post-14 learners in settings ranging from colleges, academies and secondary schools to prisons and voluntary organisations.
- Study on a course rated ‘outstanding' by Ofsted for its high standard of training and assessment. We are currently the only university to be awarded this rating under the new Ofsted regime.
- Improve your career and promotion prospects: we have an excellent track record for helping students progress to employment, more senior roles or masters level study
- Develop your skills through an exciting combination of practical teaching experiences, theoretical learning and discussions
- Select an optional specialist pathway where you can focus on a key subject area: choose from English, Maths, Engineering, Sport, or teaching learners with disabilities
- Choose a flexible PGCE route to suit you: study on a full-time basis at the University or on a part-time basis at one of our partner colleges in the wider community
- Learn from a dynamic teaching team with an excellent reputation for the quality of their training and the impact of their research