- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
PGCE Post-14 (Education and Training)
Why choose this course?
Prepare for a worthwhile career teaching and training in the Further Education and Skills sector. This postgraduate course paves the way for you to teach post-14 learners in settings ranging from colleges, academies and secondary schools to prisons and voluntary organisations.
- Study on a course rated ‘outstanding' by Ofsted for its high standard of training and assessment. We are currently the only university to be awarded this rating under the new Ofsted regime.
- Improve your career and promotion prospects: we have an excellent track record for helping students progress to employment, more senior roles or masters level study
- Develop your skills through an exciting combination of practical teaching experiences, theoretical learning and discussions
- Choose a flexible PGCE route to suit you: study on a full-time basis at the University or on a part-time basis at one of our partner colleges in the wider community
- Learn from a dynamic teaching team with an excellent reputation for the quality of their training and the impact of their research
Interested in this course but want to specialise in teaching English: Literacy, Maths, Engineering or Sport – or to focus on teaching disabled learners? Take a closer look at our PGCE Post-14 with Specialism. You may even be entitled to a bursary.