- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
PG Cert: National Award for SEN Co-ordination: Leading Effective, Inclusive Practice in SEN
Why choose this course?
If you’re a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) or aspiring to be one, this course will enable you to gain the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, which is required for the role.
- This course is designed to help you achieve all of the learning outcomes specified by the National College for Teaching and Leadership
- You’ll gain a broad and deep understanding of effective practice in the area of SEN and leadership
- You’ll examine current legislation and service requirements for SEN, and will be encouraged to challenge existing practices
- You’ll focus on positive outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and how you might support others in delivering these. You’ll be more informed about how to deliver school improvement in this area.