MPhil or PhD Mechanical Engineering and the Built Environment
Why choose this course?
Take your knowledge and ambitions to the next level with a research degree at Derby. We will help you achieve a highly regarded MPhil or PhD specialising in areas such as mechanical and aerospace engineering, manufacturing, design, motorsport engineering or the built environment.
- Conduct your research under the supervision of inspirational academics who are experts in their disciplines
- Use state-of-the-art equipment and simulation software for researching areas such as materials and thermofluids, for assessing and improving machine performance and for optimising design
- Join an international community of students and staff from different backgrounds and with wide-ranging industrial experience
- Share your ideas and achievements through presentations and conferences
- Seize the opportunity to engage with industry both within Derby and internationally, thanks to our strong links with major companies
- Benefit from the support of our dedicated Research Office so that you complete your studies in a structured and professional manner
Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.Show All