In this section
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
MPhil or PhD Mechanical Engineering and the Built Environment
Why choose this course?
- You will be supervised by academics who are experts in their disciplines and will inspire and support the research area you are choosing in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, motorsport and the built environment.
- You will be able to use state of the art equipment and simulation software for research into areas such as materials and assessing and improving performance in structures, design, machines, equipment, management and processes.
- You will be able to join an international community of students and staff from a variety of different backgrounds to share ideas and achievements through presentations and conferences.
- You will have some excellent opportunities to engage with industry within Derby and internationally through our links with major companies.
- You will be supported by a dedicated Research Office to complete your studies in a structured and professional manner.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.