Why choose this course?
Our exciting new MA will develop your higher level critical awareness of the concept of childhood, informing your practice and enhancing your professional relationships with children and young people.
- Take your next career step if you are already working with children and young people or have completed undergraduate studies in a related subject
- Explore childhood and its contested nature, considering multi- and interdisciplinary perspectives and the competing narratives that surround it
- Gain vital analytical, problem-solving and communication skills which will improve your professionalism, employability and prospects for rapid career progression
- Build your research skills and conduct independent studies into a childhood theme of your choice
- Learn from an experienced and enthusiastic teaching team who conduct influential research into childhood and youth
- Prepare for senior roles in wide-ranging settings related to children’s services