MSc Advanced Materials and Additive Manufacturing
Why choose this course?
This unique course combines in-depth study of advanced materials with cutting-edge additive manufacturing. Highly flexible and featuring part-time and online study options, it also provides a route for students from non-engineering backgrounds to pursue careers in pioneering areas of materials and manufacturing development.
- Forge a future career where you can spearhead innovation across many industries – from transport to architecture and the biomedical sector
- Raise your professional profile: this course is accredited by IOM3, The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, which paves the way for you to register as a Chartered Engineer
- Realise your ambitions even if you have come from a non-engineering undergraduate route: this MSc acts as a conversion programme and we offer a bridging module to give you a solid platform for success
- Enjoy maximum flexibility in your studies: you can choose to study full-time or part-time, at the University or via a combination of online learning and short course attendance
- Develop your skills on a highly vocational programme where you will explore manufacturing processes and conduct laboratory experiments
- Learn from real-world case studies and guest lectures by industry leaders
- Draw on the expertise and facilities of our acclaimed Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE)
- Conduct an independent scholarship project into a theme of your choice
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.