BSc (Hons) Information Technology
Why choose this course?
Our BSc (Hons) Information Technology will appeal to highly motivated students who have a strong interest in designing IT products and services that solve real problems and are used by real people to do real work.
- Choose a degree designed in conjunction with industry and the business world to ensure that you develop the skills employers are seeking
- Cover the major developments in IT today – from Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT) to User Experience (UX) and User Centred Design
- Gain valuable experience on an optional year in industry, supported by our dedicated and highly experienced placement staff
- Work in design and development teams to deliver an IT product or service that addresses a business problem for a real client, often a local charity
- Study in our state-of-the-art facilities including our dedicated computing labs
- Build your skills using specialist tools which are harnessed by industry worldwide, such as SAS, R, SAS JMP, Watson Analytics, Python and Tableau for data analysis
- Take the chance to obtain SAS certification to strengthen your CV and improve your future prospects
- Prepare for careers in fields such as data analysis, business intelligence, web and mobile design – or even starting your own IT business venture
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BSc (Hons) Information Technology right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?