BSc (Hons) Cyber Security
Why choose this course?
As companies increasingly look to defend themselves against cyber attacks, the number of job openings is growing rapidly. If you have an interest in latest technologies, a flair for problem-solving and a capacity for quick thinking, a fulfilling career in cyber security is for you.
- Prepare for high-level roles in the drive to combat cyber crime
- Gain all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required by today’s cyber security professionals
- Learn in the impressive setting of our new Network and Security suite
- Take an optional industrial placement year which will stand you in good stead for securing a rewarding job on graduation
- Get involved in exciting projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are collaborating with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BSc (Hons) Cyber Security right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?Show All