BSc (Hons) Cyber Security with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
As companies increasingly look to defend themselves against cyber attacks, the number of job openings is growing rapidly. If you have an interest in latest technologies, a flair for problem-solving and a capacity for quick thinking, the BSc (Hons) Cyber Security with Foundation Year is a vital first step towards a fulfilling career.
- Make the ideal start to your studies with a foundation year on which you can build your confidence, skills and knowledge
- Prepare for high-level roles in the drive to combat cyber crime
- Gain all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required by today’s cyber security professionals
- Learn in the impressive setting of our new Network and Security suite
- Take an optional industrial placement year which will stand you in good stead for securing a rewarding job on graduation
- Get involved in exciting projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are collaborating with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Cyber Security without a foundation year. Find out more.