BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
With computer security breaches and hacking incidents hitting the headlines on a regular basis, there is an urgent demand for highly skilled professionals who can deliver effective solutions. We offer a foundation year as part of this degree to put you on the path to a career in this increasingly important field.
- Start your studies with a foundation year if you don’t feel quite ready to join the honours degree directly
- Become part of a new generation of network and security specialists
- Study an industry-recognised CISCO Certified Network Associate syllabus
- Learn from experienced computer network specialists and ex-industry professionals
- Work in our Network Development Suite, complete with a full range of wireless and conventional equipment
- Take an optional placement year to gain invaluable industry experience: our students have broadened their professional horizons with major names like Microsoft, IBM, Intel and BT
- Get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Realise your career ambitions: 100% of graduates from our full-time course were in work or further study six months after completing their studies (Unistats)
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security without a foundation year. Find out more.