BEng (Hons) Computer Network Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you want to become a specialist network engineer, our BEng (Hons) offers the ideal route to success. With a foundation year to build your skills and confidence, this degree is underpinned by expert teaching, strong professional links and first-class facilities.
- Begin your studies with a foundation year if you don’t feel quite ready to embark on the honours degree directly
- Learn all the technical skills involved in specifying and building both network components and physical infrastructure
- Get to grips with emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and networked embedded systems
- Gain stand-out industry experience alongside your degree by choosing to take an optional placement year
- Boost your professional credibility: the industry-recognised CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) syllabus is an integrated part of this course
- Take the chance to get involved in exciting projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Prepare for challenging and rewarding careers in fields such as security, networks and computer systems design and management
- Enhance your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016.)
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Computer Network Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.