BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation
Why choose this course?
Computer forensics and digital investigation have become crucial functions in most business organisations today. If you want a career tackling one of the most pressing issues facing our society, the BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation is an ideal starting point.
- Gain a strong foundation of knowledge in computer science together with specialist skills in investigating a range of digital devices, computer misuse and computer security
- Build your practical know-how by harnessing the latest industry software, including Encase
- Undertake a full digital investigation project to understand how computer forensics can become an integral part of business decision-making
- Choose an optional industrial placement year as part of your course – a great experience which will set you apart in the graduate job market
- Enhance your career prospects thanks to our educational partnership with Cellebrite: you can gain accreditation as a Cellebrite Certified Logical Operator (CCLO) and Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA)
- Draw insights from our inspirational guest lecturers representing various professional bodies including the British Computing Society
- Prepare for a rewarding future in fields such as digital forensic investigation, intelligence gathering and analysis, incident response and computer system management
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?