BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Computer forensics and digital investigation have become crucial functions in most business organisations today. If you want a career tackling one of the most pressing issues facing our society, the BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation with Foundation Year is an ideal starting point.
- Take the foundation year route to improve your skills and confidence if you feel you are not quite ready to join the honours degree directly
- Undertake a full digital investigation project to understand how computer forensics can become an integral part of business decision-making
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of computer science together with specialist skills in investigating a range of digital devices, computer misuse and computer security
- Build your practical know-how by harnessing the latest industry software, including Encase
- Choose an optional industrial placement year as part of your course – a great experience which will set you apart in the graduate job market
- Enhance your career prospects thanks to our educational partnership with Cellebrite: you can gain accreditation as a Cellebrite Certified Logical Operator (CCLO) and Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA)
- Draw insights from our inspirational guest lecturers representing various professional bodies including the British Computing Society
- Prepare for a rewarding future in fields such as digital forensic investigation, intelligence gathering and analysis, incident response and computer system management
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation without a foundation year. Find out more.